[03/15/2016] Released version 2016.03.15. More…
Welcome to BiblioteQ!
BiblioteQ strives to be a professional cataloging and library management suite, utilizing a Qt interface and providing connectivity to PostgreSQL and SQLite. The SRU and Z39.50 protocols are used for retrieving data for books, journals, and magazines. The software is available for all major operating systems and should be compatible with any system that supports Qt. BiblioteQ is distributed under a BSD license.Summary of BiblioteQ:
- Administrator roles.
- ARM architecture support.
- Cataloging of books, dvds, journals, magazines, music cds, photograph collections, and video games.
- Cover images with drag and drop support.
- Customized displays.
- Customized item data, pricing information, and currencies.
- Embedded hyperlinks for localized searches of similar items.
- Exporting of views to CSV files.
- Free and Open Source technology.
- FreeBSD, Linux, Mac, OS/2, Windows, etc.
- Front cover image retrieval via Amazon.
- Internationalization (translation) support. BiblioteQ currently supports the Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, and Hungarian languages.
- Item reservation.
- Listings of overdue items, requested items, and reserved items.
- MARC21 and UNIMARC record syntaxes.
- Optional item reservation histories for patrons.
- Patron information.
- PostgreSQL accounts with various privileges.
- PowerPC support.
- Print support.
- Qt 4.8.x and Qt 5.x support.
- Rich search capabilities, including custom SQL queries.
- Support for multiple SRU and Z39.50 sites.
- Support for requesting unavailable items.
- Threaded data retrieval via the standard Z39.50 protocol for books, journals, and magazines.
- Transactional database queries.
- True PostgreSQL and SQLite pagination.
- Uniform functionality across various platforms.